The Salfit Women's Club mission is to facilitate the development of women to participate actively and effectively in their society through a range of skills and knowledge and assist them to play a fulfilling role in cooperatives today.
- To enhance the skills of Palestinian women in the Salfit district.
- To provide job opportunities to women.
- To enhance the economical and social conditions of women.
- To raise awareness about delicate obstacles facing Palestinian women in our society nowadays.
Syf is an independent Palestinian development, training, scientific and cultural institution established in 2001, registered by law as a non-profit organization. SYF office is located in Gaza. SYF's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. SYF especially appreciates the important role youth and women have in society, and therefore strives to enhance and increase their contribution in the community.
To create a forum for community discourse and to serve as a catalyst for democratization, education, cultural change and development in Palestine.
SYF's mission is to work towards sustainable human development through:
• The development of Palestinian human resources
• Institutional building
• Networking and cooperating with International and regional organization
Sawa - All together Today and Tomorrow, is a Palestinian nonprofit organization founded by a group of female activists in the field of women's rights. It aims at spreading a culture of non-violence and gender equality in Palestinian society through helping victims suffering from all kinds of violence and advising community members in complete confidentiality.
“We aim to be the lead organization working against the prevailing culture of violence and promoting a culture of peace and security, which serves human and community development in order to achieve a democratic society based on the principles of equality and social justice and on human rights.”
Sawa is a Palestinian nonprofit organization working against all types of violence against women and children. It aims at spreading a culture of non-violence and gender equality in Palestinian society through helping violence victims and advising community members in complete confidentiality. To best serve the community, Sawa networks with other interested parties, uses up-to-date technology and employs well-trained staff who can effectively render support and advice to violence victims.
1. Contribute toward eliminating all types of violence against women and children, especially gender-based and domestic violence.
2. To provide an opportunity for victims of violence to access safe support and protection.
3. To raise community awareness and bring the issue of violence out from the household domain into the community sphere.
4. To promote the spirit and values of voluntarism and mobilize community resources and support in addressing the issue of violence against women and children.
5. To be social entrepreneurs, using new technologies to provide social services.
Sawed association is a charitable organization licensed by the Ministry of Interior and working in the Gaza Strip. The association focus on marginalized areas, which lies on the east of Gaza City such as (Al Shejaeya, Al Tuffah, Al Daraj, Sha'af and Jabalya), the population of these areas increase to (200.000) people, Most of them are unemployed and suffering from poverty as well as the large number of single-family where the average number of members of the family is (9) nine members.
Sawed Association for Relief and Development contain a group of volunteer, young people who aspire to serve people under siege, unemployment and poverty, which reach a rate of more than (80%) in Gaza Strip according to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.
Many charitable associations provide relief to poor families in Gaza Strip, but Sawed focus on the field of development and raising the capacity of Palestinian society; children, women, young and old according to its formulated programs and plans such as (training, education, awareness ...). In addition to that, Sawaed provide relief to these groups and help them to continue in the program, so they become productive and able to depend on themselves.
We aspire to be the owners of the leadership in the field of development and community empowerment in the social, economical, educational and health aspects.
We are a Palestinian civil Charitable association provides relief and development services in the areas of social , economic , educational and health ,aims to improve the local community by promoting the concept of sustainable development work for more safer and stable life.
1.Develop the youth, women and children abilities and support them through the formulated programs.
2.Work on productive projects to finance the presented projects and services which contribute on building the Palestinian society.
3.Offer help for the whole Palestinian community according to its programs and plans.
4.Support the concept of social cooperation and encourage the voluntary work.
5.Coordinate and cooperate with different charitable association to serve the Palestinians.
is a non-governmental ,and a non-profit Palestinian youth organization; established in 2008 in Gaza-Palestine. Its services cover West Bank and Gaza.
The Association is a youth organization with a cultural and scientific character which aims at developing scientific culture among young people through the organization of science-and-technology programmes, including Science Fairs and experimental activities of high quality.
The « science & technology club association » movement has been created when a group of intellectuals has noticed that at the time, activities such sport, literature and arts are largely practiced in specialized organizations and associations , but this was not the case for the science and technology .For this reason , a scientific club has been launched and opened for youth and young adults who are eager to learn and discover more and more through laboratory experiments.
Today, scientific research and exploration within schools consists of old fashioned methods of students gathered into classrooms and taught with curricula that keep the children informed, yet isolated from the reality of true scientific and technology processes. Public school teachers do their best to bring in real life problems and hands-on experiences into the classrooms, however, things such as low budgets can pose a problem for certain types of educational activities, also the high demand placed on standardized test preparation requires most of the year’s class time. Teachers are often discouraged from going beyond the confines of the school walls. There is a huge need for more informal education opportunities for the sciences and technology to challenge children and young adults in science and connect them with the scientific and technology community.
Students need exposure to real world situations and should be given such opportunities early in their education, to stay competitive in the world arena of science, engineering and technology. We must, as a community, make available new and exciting challenges that bring them closer to careers in science and technology.
Al Muntada missions are:
- to stimulate the development of scientific and technical educational activities for young people and children, to motivate young people to get interested into science, and to help educators working in this field .
- to organise Science Fairs on an Regional level, during which young people meet and present projects which reflect their creativity in the sphere of science and technology .
- to organise science events for youth as students meetings, symposia and seminars, summer schools and universities, conferences, study trips, training courses and all activities helping to promote exchanges among youth, including young scientists .
- to contribute to building Palestinian democratic civil society by scoping its work in education.
- Al Muntada's approach is urging especially school age children to critical, logical and creative thinking.
- To encourage youth to devote themselves to scientific and technical activities during their free time.
- To give youth a taste of scientific research, the creation of technological invention and to arouse in them vocations in these domains.
- Promote the scientific and a technological culture within the large public .
- Motivate students to increase math and science skills by providing realistic science and engineering scenarios that cause the students to think critically and successfully function as a team.
- Decrease the involvement in areas that could result in criminal activity. During after school hours juveniles are more at risk of being involved in criminal activities.
- To strengthen and broaden critical, logical and creative thinking among school- aged children (ages 6 to 18);
- To train school teachers on modern teaching methods, that encourage critical, logical and creative thinking among children;
- To expose children to practical technology in order to encourage them in practical learning;
- To carry out activities that enable children to question and make appropriate decisions, solve problems and - by doing so – build their individual and collective self-esteem;
- Create a network of community partners (civil society, school , companies, Universities,etc.)