Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
About Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children (ASDC):
Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children (ASDC) is a local NGO, established in 1992 in Gaza City, in order to help persons with hearing disability in the Gaza Strip to have their chance in life through education, rehabilitation, and job training and employment opportunities. From its establishment as a small school for the students with hearing disability serving 27 pupils in 1992, Atfaluna now serves more than 40,000 persons with and without disabilities annually through a multitude of interventions and training programs implemented within a holistic and right-based and inclusive approaches involving children and adults with without disabilities, their families, service providers organizations, and the community-at-large.Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children, located in Gaza City, is inviting applications from qualified persons for the post of hiring MEAL Officer
Duties and Tasks
- The MEAL Officer will have the key role in establishing and promoting use of MEAL systems (including automation of the system) to ensure that the organization is able to track, gather and document evidence-based results on the realized impact and the effects of its interventions are having over target groups.
- Work with department heads and management on developing logical frameworks and need analysis during interventions. Design and actively lead on the definition of performance indicators and M&E Plans including the development of MEAL framework and tools.
- Build the capacities and train concerned team members on how to use the MEAL system tools and process;
- Design and regularly update tools (quantitative and qualitative) for data collection, analysis, validation, documentation and dissemination.
- Conduct data analysis and work with IT colleagues to seek efficient solutions for complex data management.
- Design regular internal evaluation activities and organize and lead lessons learnt sessions;
- Contribute to evaluation activities such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, preparing literature review packs, planning evaluator itineraries, leading report review and preparation of management response.
- Contribute to develop, with the support of management and department heads, appropriate accountability strategies respectful of the local context; undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of response mechanisms to the targeted communities
- Serve as focal point for the mainstreaming and integration of MEAL particularly accountability, learning and program quality standards into the day-to-day practices and operations of the organization.
- manage and lead the MEAL software system in Atfaluna.
- Support departments in conducting needs assessments, ensuring assessment findings are documented and presented in a well-articulated needs analysis.
- Lead the development of tools, methodologies and procedures for setting baseline data.
- Prepare and administer the dissemination of clear data analysis reports including best practices and case studies that draw and document best practice, lessons learned and corrective actions.
- Prepare progress reports on performance measurement according to the objectives planned;
- Use relevant and appropriate data collection and analysis of programs and services statistics to submit monthly, quarterly and annual statistics and monitoring and evaluation reports based on agreed indicators which will guide decision making and programs implementation.
- Assist in the development of grant proposals and provide technical assistance and data needed for proposals development
- Perform other related duties as required
- At least BA in business or other relevant
- At least two years’ experience including at least one year proven working experience in MEAL (preferably in NGO sector)
- Proven experience in leading or participating in developing need assessments, baseline studies, and/or evaluations.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, data collection and analysis
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out
- Demonstrated experience in research methodology and conceptual frameworks design (quantitative and qualitative)
- Demonstrated experience in design of data collection tools, process and analysis frameworks
- Good command of relevant software used in analysis and high level computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge on accountability initiatives, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous experience with a non-governmental organization will be considered an asset;
- Ability to participate in field activities and travel to remote areas within the region
- High level communication skills (both oral and written)
- Professional level in English and Arabic (reading, writing, spoken);
- Qualities: good interpersonal skills, integrity, team spirit, patient, well organized, flexible, open minded, sociable and highly motivated.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
Candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to the Director of Atfaluna Society for Deaf Children by e-mail: [email protected] by the end of 24 September 2023