Taawon is seeking highly diligent, confident candidates with substantial management experience for the role of Communications Director.
Taawon is an impact-driven philanthropic institution, focused on empowering the Palestinian community towards social, economic and political independence. Taawon provides needs-based programmatic interventions in the fields of education, culture, heritage and social development to Palestinian change-makers and grassroots organizations, in a collaborative and supportive environment, helping them reclaim agency and resilience to building an open and inclusive Palestinian society.
Department: Media & Communication
Title: Communication Director
Location: Taawon-Amman Office
Direct Supervisor: Director General
The position comes with great responsibility, as this person will be accountable for public perception of the organization as well as clear and effective communication to internal stakeholders. Managing this perception involves developing marketing and communication strategies, developing content in coordination with various departments, understanding the importance of timing and setting, responding to crises and setbacks and overseeing a team of diverse communications roles and ensuring that information released is consistent with the strategy at large. The Communications Director, reporting to the Director General, is expected to identify the emerging communications needs, strategies, and solutions to achieve and continually improve a variety of outcomes for both internal and external communications for the organization. This critical role will work cross-functionally and across all verticals to ensure there is both a proactive and reactive messaging strategy in place to advance Taawon’s mission.
- Developing a cohesive communications strategy.
- Assembling a communications team and coordinating content creation and messaging prioritization with all departments especially programs, resource development and membership engagement.
- Managing an outsourced agency when necessary.
- Able to engage different internal and external stakeholders effectively and with appropriate tone.
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
- Maintaining an awareness of organization risks and threats.
- Projecting a positive image to the public.
- Managing media relations.
- Managing a communications budget.
- Ensuring quality control of all information released.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- MBA or advanced degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- 10+ years communications experience.
- Extensive list of media contacts.
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management.
- Strong people skills, able to work in teams and align the organization behind achieving the communication targets.
This is a full-time position preferably based in our Amman office, however candidates who can work in Ramallah are encouraged to also apply.
Qualified candidates are invited to send their CVs to: [email protected]
Deadline: 3 October 2022